Junior Full-Stack Web Developer
Pixie Labs is a digital agency with offices in London and New York.
We’re a cross-functional team that designs and builds complex and beautiful products. Our core skills are digital product design, rapid prototyping, software development and the Internet of Things.
Our clients include Twitter, HomeServe, Shakespeare’s Globe, News UK, Taylor St. Baristas, and a number of exciting startups who we’ve helped to bring their idea to life. Find out more.
We also love working on our own ideas, and some of these side projects include cryptography tools, Slack chatbots, a machine that pours wine over the internet (really!), and open-source libraries.
We’re looking for a junior developer to join our expanding team. We work together closely as a team, and everyone pitches in to get the job done. If you’re equally excited by coding, testing, fixing bugs, speaking to clients, creative problem solving and idea generation then this is the perfect role for you.
It’s essential that you like working in a team, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. We expect you to have sharp analytical and communication skills, manage your time well and take responsibility for getting things done.
We work with a whole range of technologies, but ideally you will have some experience with any two of the following:
- Ruby (in particular developing with Ruby on Rails)
Additionally, knowledge of any of these technologies will elevate your application to the top of the pile:
- React, HTML5 and CSS3
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap and Foundation
- BDD / TDD testing frameworks e.g., RSpec
- Machine learning algorithms such as clustering, natural language processing, recommendation engines, etc.
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo, or Hadoop
- Version control using Git or Mercurial
- Experience of agile software delivery
Finally, while we’re not expecting you to be knowledgeable about everything, if you’re interested in exploring any of these topics too, there’s also scope for you to learn:
- Linux server administration
- Digital and analogue electronics
- Learning other programming languages
Most importantly, you should be willing to learn new skills and develop existing ones. Big bonus if you have a few of your own products or code experiments that you want to show off!
- Salary: £30-35k dependent on experience
- Flexible working hours
- 20 days leave (excluding 8 bank holidays), increasing by 1 day for every complete year of service up to 25 days
- Your choice of laptop and peripherals (e.g., external monitor)
- Lovely office in Shoreditch with exceptional coffee and regular team lunches
Send your CV, portfolio, GitHub username etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org (No agents whatsoever).